Campervans and Caravans
INFORMATION FOR CAMPERVAN/CARAVAN TICKET HOLDERS
We are really looking forward to welcoming you to Bella 2019.
Please see the diagram below for detailed information about your pitch size at the event. These rules have been in place for a number of years but will be more heavily policed in 2019, on the express instructions of Scottish Fire and Rescue. Anyone overspilling their pitch will have cars/awnings/tents removed by the festival. Our colleagues at Scottish Fire & Rescue have worked with us to allow us to continue with additional structures in the Campervan Field. In order to maintain this for future years, please work with us to ensure the fire gaps between you and your neighbours are always left clear. As per last year, your pitch size is 7mX4.5m to include all your live-in vehicle, awnings and car if staying on the pitch.
Plan – If you think you can’t fit within the standard pitch, there are a limited number of Jumbo Pitches available to buy online, please see the tickets page for details.
- Help us to direct you to your parking area as quickly as possible. Place your blue pass on your rear-view mirror or dashboard before you arrive – if you don’t have one, you can print it at http://www.skiddle.com/festivals/belladrum/
- Follow Signage for the caravan/campervan field
- Have your ticket ready For when you arrive so staff can check it. Please let our staff know where you would like to park – quiet, family or general. They will direct you to a pitch from there.
- Groups If you want to park together in a group of vehicles, you must arrive together. We are unable to reserve spaces.
- You may need a tow Although we have built access roads, parking is on grass. If ground conditions are wet please have your towing eye operational or to hand before you arrive in case you need to be towed in.
When you get to your pitch
- Make yourself aware of your pitch size Your pitch will be marked/sprayed out showing you your space. Make sure you keep your fire gap surrounding your pitch as per the diagram above. There needs to be 3m clearance on all sides between you and your neighbours. We will have enforcement staff from the festival removing any infrastructure that has over spilt into fire lanes.
- No tents allowed Tents are not permitted for sleeping in within the caravan/campervan field for H&S reasons. You are permitted to erect an awning extension but this must not be slept in.
- Get your wristbands When you have parked up, we recommend you go immediately to the box office and exchange your event tickets for wristbands. Leaving it until just before an act you want to see may result in disappointment due to box office queues.
Leaving and re-entering the field during the event
- Park on your pitch or not park on your pitch? If you intend to come and go from the festival over the weekend you must drop your caravan on its pitch and then park up your car in one of the external car parks. If you are in a campervan, permission to leave and re-enter will be at the discretion of the management and will be dependent upon weather and ground /traffic conditions. If you are moving your car to the external car park make sure you have your ticket with you to exchange at the box office. Caravans/campervans cannot be parked in the general car parks.
- No re-admission after midnight After midnight there is no readmission to campsites for vehicles or people from outside the festival arenas until 0800 the following morning
- People from other campsites are able to visit you (except through arenas between 0200 and 0900)
Water and Waste
- You can replenish water supplies from taps in your camping area
- Tanks are provided for waste emptying. Please do not empty into the burn.
STUFF WE CAN’T ACCEPT
- Tents on pitches, glass, animals, fireworks, loud music after midnight, any music in the quiet area, bicycles or motorbikes, and generators.
- NO PETROL OR DIESEL GENERATORS may be used. Operating generators will be impounded for the period of the event. If you need power, you must purchase an electrical hook-up ticket
LEAVING THE EVENT
- The busiest times for leaving are on the Sunday morning from around 0900 onwards. If you want to avoid the queues, please leave at another time.
AND PLEASE …
- Gas Be careful when you’re cooking with gas. Gas cookers inside camper vans and caravans should be safety tested and gas cylinders kept outside the van, which should contain a fully charged water or dry power fire extinguisher.
- Don’t drink and Drive. If you’re worried at all that you may be over the limit, leave your vehicle and take a bus or a taxi and come back to collect your vehicle when you are safe to do so (vehicles left at owner’s own risk)
- LOOK AFTER OUR FARM and take your rubbish away with you. Or at least bag it up and put it at a litter point.
HAVE A GREAT BELLA 2019!